Benefits of Having a Nursing BSN Degree
Our nation’s health care system is more complex than ever, making the benefits of having a BSN degree indisputable. Not only do we need more nurses, we also need them to have a strong body of knowledge that can adapt in an ever-changing environment and facilitate better patient outcomes.
A BSN degree from Xavier prepares you to meet current health care demand as well as pursue a more advanced nursing education in the future. More specifically, our ABSN program equips you to:
- Provide competent, compassionate care across the lifespan.
- Practice across the continuum of health care environments.
- Gather and synthesize new patient information.
- Apply clinical reasoning in simple and complex situations.
- Interact effectively with patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with others in the delivery of safe, quality patient care.
- Adapt to advancements in medication and health care technology.
- Understand how health care policy plays into nursing practice.