Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
If nursing is your calling, our second-degree Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is the answer. Our 16-month ABSN program is the only one in Ohio to have three locations and three start dates a year.
How the Xavier ABSN Program Works
If you meet all of the admission requirements, which include holding a non-nursing bachelor’s degree, you can apply to our ABSN program in Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus and begin your accelerated nursing education in January, May, or August.
Comprising 63 credit hours, the Accelerated BSN program builds on your non-nursing college education to make the 16-month transition into nursing possible. It follows a fast-paced sequence of online and on-site curriculum over four full-time semesters.
- Online accelerated nursing courses teach you the fundamentals and theories of the profession anytime, anywhere.
- Nursing skills and simulation labs at your enrollment location focus on your applied skills development and clinical judgment.
- Accelerated BSN clinicals at local health care facilities provide real-world experience in diverse areas of patient care.
Overall, our ABSN program is a serious full-time commitment that requires hard work and dedication to make it through. But don’t worry, our nursing faculty and staff will provide you with guidance and support every step of the way.
If you have a non-nursing bachelor’s degree and the drive to become a nurse, our ABSN program can fast-track your career. Download our ABSN Program 101 Guide to help you successfully navigate the accelerated path to nursing.
Nursing Clinical Partners
We offer some of the best clinical placements of any ABSN program in Ohio. It’s because we have a strong, expansive network of health care partners in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Columbus. So expect to complete supervised clinical practice in a wide variety of settings across the health care continuum.
Our clinical partners include:
- Mercy Health
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- The Christ Hospital Health Network
While we can’t guarantee placement in a specific health care facility, we’ll place you in a quality clinical setting that promotes personal and professional development.